Read the below instructions to learn how to implant your cattle with Ralgro® implants. Ralgro® implants are designed for use with the Ralogun™ applicator. Before implanting, ensure the implanting site is clean, disinfected and dry.
(NOTE: The Ralogun™ applicator, which is designed for Ralgro® implants, is NOT compatible with Revalor® implants.)
How to use the Ralogun™ applicator
1. Each chamber of the plastic Ralgro® cartridge contains a full dose of Ralgro® implants. Insert the cartridge in the magazine of the Ralogun™ pellet injector with the hole in the axle of the cartridge pointed toward the handle of the Ralogun™ pellet injector. After snapping into place, rotate cartridge clockwise to ensure proper seating, then check window at top to ensure that pellet chamber is aligned with plunger.
2. Always use sharp needle. A dull needle tears tissue and makes proper implanting difficult. Be sure that needle is fully seated in Ralogun™ pellet injector. This ensures that pellets will be expelled from the needle as Ralogun™ plunger is extended. Failure to set the needle could cause the last pellet to be left in the needle and not implanted.
3. After appropriately restraining the animal to allow access to the ear, cleanse the skin at the implant needle puncture site.
4. The implant site is subcutaneous, between the skin and cartilage on the back side of the ear and below the midline of the ear. The implant must not be placed closer to the head than the edge of the auricular cartilage ring farthest from the head. The location for insertion of the needle is a point toward the tip of the ear and at least a needle length away from the intended deposition site. Care should be taken to avoid injuring the major blood vessels or cartilage of the ear. Squeeze trigger of the Ralogun™ pellet injector to deliver a full dose of Ralgro®. Keep trigger depressed while withdrawing the needle to be sure that Ralgro® implants stay in place.
5. Wipe needle with cotton or gauze moistened with alcohol or other suitable disinfectant. Do not dip needle in solution because solution clinging to inside of needle will cause plugging of needle.
6. Rotate cartridge in direction of arrow until a new dose is visible and centered in window. The Ralogun™ pellet injector is now ready for next implantation.
RALGRO® is a registered trademark of Intervet Inc.; RALOGUN™ is a trademark of Intervet Inc. All trademarks used under license.